It’s been a while since I’ve had the need to intercept traffic from an Android when things were a lot less secure and you could just use a tool such as Charles Proxy as a proxy between your device.
I’ve been running an ESP32 NodeMCU in the bedroom for motion, temperature, and humidity for a while and have wanted to extend it’s functionality by adding light sensing too, in order to improve the motion light control to trigger when the lux is a certain level vs the current functional, but limited mode based on the position of the sun.
I was an avid user of custom ROMs for my Android phones when vendors used to stop providing updates or included too much bloat with their releases. However that stopped when I got a Moto X4 which was for me the right balance and it performed well.
I noticed that the Pi3 that had been hosting our Home Assistant setup along with a minimal set of addons was really struggling which came apparent with things not being as stable as they should and often requiring reboots.
A couple of months ago our old single drive WD My Cloud Home NAS died. The HDD failed and even shucking the device and trying to connect with a SATA adaptor failed to read the drive. Thankfully nothing important was lost as that was all backed up off site.